Nikon announced the CoolPix S200 digital camera. The Nikon CoolPix S200 features a 7.1 Megapixel CCD image sensor, 3x optical zoom, a 2.5-inch LCD display, Electronic Vibration Reduction, 20MB internal memory and a SD card slot supporting SDHC. S200 has ISO from 50 to 1000 and it can capture movies in 640×480 resolution at 30fps.
The Nikon S200 measures 91.5 x 56.5 x 18.5 mm and weights 125g.
Nikon COOLPIX S200 Feature Highlights
VR image stabilization
The COOLPIX S200 features electronic Vibration Reduction (VR) capability that allows users to overcome the effects of camera shake to produce satisfyingly sharp images. Taking data from a built-in angular velocity sensor, the system applies in-camera image processing to turn blurred images into beautifully sharp results. Anti-Shake mode also employs e-VR to deliver clearer, more stable images in diverse shooting situations.
ISO 1000 capability
Light sensitivity can be manually set as high as ISO 1000. This allows the use of faster shutter speeds to avoid blurred results when shooting moving subjects or in locations with insufficient lighting. A new image-processing engine with enhanced noise reduction and an improved signal-to-noise ratio preserves high image quality and demonstrates superior light sensitivity. In High Sensitivity mode, the ISO setting is automatically adjusted from ISO 50 to as high as ISO 1000 to ensure optimal exposure and carefree shooting in lower light.
Innovative Nikon in-camera correction features
The COOLPIX S200 features a selection of three innovative functions that provide the ability to actually improve the quality of images within the camera. Face-priority AF* automatically finds, then focuses on people’s faces for crisp, clear results time after time. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically compensates to help eradicate traces of the annoying red-eye effect that can sometimes be encountered during flash photography. Completing the set is D-Lighting, which can be applied to improve underexposed images or shots taken with too much backlight. D-Lighting automatically creates a copy of the image with detail added where necessary, but with well-exposed areas left completely untouched.
* Face recognition capability may be limited in some shooting conditions.
Nikon COOLPIX S200 Other Features
* Light weight with slim, compact dimensions
* Choice of 15 scene modes
* Macro shooting enables shooting from as close as 10cm (3.9 in.)
* Help button to display simple explanations for functions on the main menu
* Large control buttons, including the Zoom button, are carefully positioned to simplify operation
* Menu available in a choice of 20 languages
* List by date
* Date counter
* Calendar function make it easy to locate a recorded image
* Selection of movie recording modes
* New Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery EN-EL10 delivers high performance in a compact package
* Time zone function allows setting of home town and new city time zone for easy image sorting after traveling
* SDHC card compatibility
* Approx. 20MB of internal memory
* USB connectivity enables swift data transfer to computers and other peripherals
* PictBridge support