Nikon announced the CoolPix S50 digital camera. It has a 7.2 Megapixel CCD image sensor, 3X optical zoom, a 3-inch LCD display, 13MB internal memory and a SD card slot. The S50 has the Optical lens shift Vibration Reduction and ISO rating from 100 to 800.
The Nikon CoolPix S50c is the same as the S50 except that the S50c features also 802.11b/g WiFi.
Nikon COOLPIX S50 Feature Highlights
Slim, stylish design
An eye-catching wave-surface design sets the COOLPIX S50 apart from the competition. Featuring smooth curves and a beautiful finish, the design blends operational ease with elegant sophistication. Furthermore, the COOLPIX S50 is available in Gloss Silver, Matte Black and Gloss Beige.
VR image stabilization
The COOLPIX S50 features an especially compact built-in ‘right-angle’ optical VR 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens. Offering a pleasing 38-114mm range (35mm equivalent), it not only delivers great compositional freedom, but also overcomes the effects of camera shake to produce clearer, sharper images. Whenever the power is switched on, the image appears stabilized on the large LCD monitor until the moment the shutter is pressed. And the system is so effective, it’s like shooting at a shutter speed three stops faster.
COOLPIX CONNECT with wireless transfer (S50c Only)
The COOLPIX S50c features a built-in wireless unit that enables IEEE 802.11b/g LAN support. Thanks to this, users can make the most of Nikon’s exciting COOLPIX CONNECT services comprising Picture Mail and Picture Bank. Picture Mail makes it easy to share the joy of photography with friends and family by wirelessly uploading pictures from the COOLPIX S50c to the Nikon server, then sending an email message informing recipients of the URL where they are stored. Recipients can then view the images, download them or enjoy them as a slideshow. Picture Bank, on the other hand, can start automatically when an AC adapter is connected or be operated manually, establishing a wireless connection to the Nikon server, then securely uploading pictures not previously uploaded.
Nikon COOLPIX S50 Other Features
* Light weight with highly compact dimensions
* Anti-Shake mode activates VR, High-Sensitivity and BSS to overcome camera shake, subject movement
* High-Sensitivity mode optimizes light sensitivity to minimize blur
* Improved GUI works with Rotary multi selector for easier operation
* Choice of 15 Scene modes
* Selection of movie recording modes
* SDHC card compatibility
* Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL8 delivers high performance in a compact package
* Stop-motion function lets anyone create their own animated films
* List-by-date function, Calendar function make it easy to locate a recorded image
* Hi-Speed USB connectivity enables swift data transfer to computers and other peripherals
* BSS (Best Shot Selector) identifies and saves the sharpest image automatically from ten sequential shots
* Macro shooting enables shooting from as close as 4cm (1.6 in.)
* Menu available in a choice of 20 languages
* Approx. 13MB of internal memory
* Auto image rotation orients images for easy LCD display
* 4x digital zoom extends compositional freedom
* PictBridge and ImageLink support