NotebookReview is fast enough to get a review on the new 15-inch Apple MacBook Pro, which is now based on the Santa Rosa platform.
The new Apple MacBook Pro is powered by an INtel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz processor, 2GB of RAM, Nvidia 8600M GT with 128MB VRAM GPU and a 120GB hard drive.
The model being reviewed is the one with 15-inch LCD display with LED Backlight. It comes with a slot-loading 8x SuperDrive, Apple Airport WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth. The MacBook Pro, of couse, runs the Mac OS X.
Conclusion from NotebookReview:
This is an excellent upgrade to the MacBook Pro, I’m extremely satisfied with it so far. I’m new to Mac computers, new to OS X, but I am one happy switcher. The MBP would be an excellent choice for anyone looking to purchase a performance laptop, or even desktop replacement. Combine that performance with Apple’s sexy design, and the MBP is a great purchase.
* Best screen ever, with great brightness thanks to the power saving LEDs
* Iconic and sexy design
* Small perks like slot loading drive, and backlit keyboard
* Variety in ports, including optical audio and DVI
* Built in iSight, an excellent web-cam
* Powerful system, with great standard performance justifying the price
* No built in media card reader
* Heavy to be carried often
* Only 2 USB ports