Garmin offers also the nuvi 780 GPS navigation device that supports the MSNDirect that allows you to access stocks, traffic info and news.
Garmin nuvi 780 and MSN Direct Put Traffic, Stocks, Newsat Your Fingertips
New Version of Avis Where2TM Will Be Based on nuvi 780
OLATHE, Kan./January 3, 2008/PR Newswire ‘ Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN), today announced the nuvi 780 ‘ the newest addition to the popular nuvi family and the most powerful in its acclaimed 700 series. The nuvi 780 was announced in preparation for the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and will be on display at the Garmin booth (#35832 in South 4).
‘The nuvi 780 brings vital information ‘ through dynamic updates ‘ to recreational and business travelers,’ said Dan Bartel, Garmin’s vice president of worldwide sales. ‘Whether you’re doing your daily commute, on an extended business trip or relaxing on vacation, the nuvi 780 uses the second generation of MSN Direct to provide the most important details you need at a glance.’
Travelers can test the new features out for themselves at Avis Rent A Car. Avis Where2, based on the nuvi 780, will be available for rent with any Avis vehicle.
The enhanced dynamic content from the second generation of the MSN Direct network, which is also included on Garmin’s newly announced nuvi 880, includes:
* Traffic conditions: receive up-to-date traffic incident and flow information for most metropolitan areas across North America, and let nuvi select a route that avoids traffic accidents, road closures, and construction.
* Fuel prices: receive gas price data from over 100,000 gas stations across the nation. Drivers will always know where to get the best prices ‘ and save time and fuel by using their unit to navigate directly to the station of their choice.
* Weather reports: features current weather conditions (including high/low/current temperatures, chances of precipitation, humidity, pressure, wind, and weather alerts) as well as three day weather forecasts.
* Enhanced movie listings: search for movies by title or by theater and receive show times, ‘star’ ratings, genre, actors, and more ‘ and get driving directions to the theater.
* Local events: receive special notices on festivals, concerts, and sporting events in your area, and navigate to them.
* News and stocks: the latest news headlines and financial market updates are always at your fingertips.
* Send to GPS capability: plan trips and look up destinations from the convenience of your computer, via Windows Live Local, and then wirelessly send locations to your nuvi 780.
Three months of free MSN Direct service is included with the purchase of the nuvi 780. Owners can re-subscribe for $49.95 a year, or a one-time charge of $129.95. For more information on MSN Direct services and coverage areas, visit http://garmin.msndirect.com.
The nuvi 700 series has been widely praised for being the first to answer two common questions: ‘Where am I?’ and ‘Where’s my car?’ At any time, with a single tap of the screen, drivers can display their exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations. And to help drivers find their car in an unfamiliar spot or vast parking lot, the nuvis in the 700 series automatically mark the position in which they were last removed from the mount.
The nuvi 780 comes preloaded with highly detailed City Navigator NT road maps for the entire United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. The nuvi 780 is also compatible with audible.com, a subscription based audio book service.
For information about pricing and availability, go to www.garmin.com and www.garmin.blogs.com