At the SID Week 2008, AU Optronics (AUO) shows us its new display technology. The first one is a curved TFT-LCD display with a 100mm radius. AUO shows also a ultra thin display for mobile phones, which is as thin as 0.63mm. The 8-inch TFT-LCD display weighs only 2.1grams and offers 400nits of brightness.
AUO’s in-cell multi-touch technology is also being showcased. The new technology adds multi-touch feature to TFT-LCD without adding an additional glass.
Other technologies being showed:
- Grease Free & Touch Mura Free Technology
- Advanced Capacitor Coupling Technology
- APE mobile with Ambient Light Sensor
- sRGB Gamut Mapping Technology
- Advanced Ultra High Aperture Ratio Technology