DeLorme presents the Earthmate PN-40, a portable GPS navigation device. The Earthmate PN-40 is powered by a 32-channel Cartesio chipset for quick signal acquisition. It comes with a dual-core processor for insane redraw speeds, and a 3-axis compass with accelerometer to allow use in any position.
It has 500MB internal memory and a SDHC card slot. There is also a TFT display.
- NEW! Super high-sensitivity 32-channel Cartesio chipset by STMicroelectronics delivers near-instantaneous signal acquisition and ConstantLock™ satellite retention
- NEW! Dual-core processor for rapid screen re-draws, even with large aerial imagery files
- NEW! 500 MB of onboard Flash memory (1 GB total hard drive)
- NEW! 3-axis electronic compass with included accelerometer performs when held in any position—while in motion or standing still
- NEW! Sensitive barometric altimeter for reliably accurate altitude readings
- NEW! Supports SDHC high-capacity SD cards—32 GB or higher
- NEW! Fast USB 2.0 data transfer to internal memory or SD card in device
- NEW! More detailed onboard base map data for the U.S., now with secondary and connector roads (along with major highways and thoroughfares for the entire world)
- 65K-color daylight-readable TFT screen for clarity in any light conditions
- WAAS-enabled for accuracy within 3 meters
- Topo USA 7.0 software with complete U.S topo and street maps included—no extra purchase required. Also displays USGS 7.5-min quads, aerial imagery, and NOAA nautical charts via online download from DeLorme
- PN-40 scheduled for Fall 2008 release