At the CEDIA Expo 2008, Epson announce the PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 and 7500 UB 3LCD-based home cinema projectors. Both projectors feature a 1080p (1,920 x 1,080 pixels) resolution, 12-bit 3LCD chipset and the D7 technology offering substantially higher contrast and brightness. The Pro Cinema 7100 offers a 18,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio while the 7500 UB offers 75,000:1.
The Pro Cinema 7500UB is Epson’s new flagship model. It has the Silicon Optix’s HQV Reon-VX scaling and deinterlacing video processor for 1080i upscaling. It comes with also the Color Space selection, which allows a user to select between the three industry color space standards.
The Pro Cinema 7100, on the other hand, has the ISF Day and Night modes and Epson’s Color Isolation system.
- Dynamic Iris System: Exclusive system makes automatic light output adjustments at up to 120 times per second – ideal for fast-action movies.
- Cinema Filter: Unique feature delivers larger color space for improved color accuracy and a more film-like image.
- OptiCinema Multi-Lens Optics System: Developed by Epson and Fujinon – the leading provider of precision optics to the digital film and HDTV camera industry – the OptiCinema lens delivers clean, precise edges with consistent image quality across the entire screen while providing users with more options and flexibility in terms of where they wish to install the projector.
- E-TORL (Epson Twin Optics Reflection Lamp): Exclusive and newly-updated 200 watt high efficiency light source delivers optimum light uniformity and increased white and color light output for larger screen sizes (more than ten feet diagonal); both models come equipped with a spare lamp.
- ISF Certification: Suite of video calibration tools allow installers and calibrators to fine-tune picture quality and match output with front projection screens.
- New Airflow System: Enhanced airflow system contributes to more efficient use of power, reduced cool-down periods and lower fan speeds that result in quieter operation (only 22 db); new system also takes advantage of an advanced air filtration system with 98 percent efficiency for longer filter life.
- Input Options: Panel features high definition component video input, dual HDMI 1.3a digital inputs, S-video input, composite video input, and VGA-type RGB input (D-sub 15).
- Installation Versatility: Installer-friendly features include a ceiling mount, reversible front panel Epson logo that can be reoriented for various mounting positions, included rear panel cable cover to hide wires from the input panel and an integrated cable hook to ensure connections remain secure.