Screen Excellence presents the TAM (True Aspect Masking) fixed masking screens. The Screen Excellence TAM has a 70-inch wide viewable are in 2.37 native aspect ratio. It has an adjustable Acoustically Transparent (AT) black masking curtains from 2.37 to 1.33 and anywhere in between for widest range.
Key features of TAM Screens
- Built from the ground up for today’s constant height projection systems.
- Eliminates annoying black or grey bars on the sides of the picture for dramatically increased perceived contrast ratio.
- Fully adjustable Acoustically Transparent (AT) black masking curtains from 2.37 to 1.33 and anywhere in between for widest range of cinemascope or other aspect ratios.
- Can be fitted with either EN1 or EN2 award winning, acoustically neutral, moirÃ© free, non-hotspotting matte white screen materials.
- Includes AT black backing layer to eliminate light blow back from back wall
- Smallest form factor on the market today. 3.7″ wide super study frame, 5.3″ total depth. Can’t discern from everyday fixed frame installations when curtains are stowed.
- Lightweight. Typical 120″ wide model only 225 lbs.
- Acoustically transparent masking panels elegantly roll in from the sides like commercial movie theater curtains.
- Hides all three front speakers, even subwoofers, without any frequency roll off or comb filtering. 1.5 db of level loss due to screen; 1 db loss due to AT masks.
- Rich velour covered frame with radiused design for optimal absorption of over-scanned images.
- Available in sizes from 70-160″ wide (viewable area). Custom sizes and aspect ratios available for quotation.
- Whisper quiet, independent left and right motors assure precise alignment.
- Wide range of motor control options: IR, RF, RS232.