NEC announced its new MultiSync MD Series high-brightness, color and grayscale flat-panel monitors, designed for medical imaging applications. The two new medical-oriented MD displays are the 21-inch 2 megapixel MD212MC, the 21-inch 3 Megapixel MD213MC and the 21-inch 3 Megapixel MD213MG grayscale display with front sensor. The MD212MC and MD213MC comes with also backlight sensor.
Features of these displays:
- DICOM calibration and the X-Light ProTM sensor system for maintaining a consistent image
- 12-bit lookup table (LUT) for detailed images and grayscale
- ColorCompTM, which reduces LCD uniformity errors and compensates for differences in color/grayscale and luminance
- Front or backlight sensors
- Full medical certifications
- 5-year limited warranty with overnight exchange service
NEC MultiSync MD212MC and MD213MC will be shipped in December for $3,899 and $4,999, respectively. The MultiSync MD213MG will be launched in January 2009 for a priced of $4699. NEC offers also the 30-inch, 4-megapixel MD304MC color display with backlight sensor, which is available now for $3999.