NEC announced two new LCD displays, the MultiSync LCD2690W2-BK-SV and LCD3090W-BK-SV, with the SpectraView color calibration sensor and software (aka SpectraView Kit SVII-PRO-KIT).
The 26-inch MultiSync LCD2690W2-BK-SV and 30-inch LCD3090W-BK-SV comes with the in-plane switching (IPS) module technology offering better color reproduction and brightness uniformity. They have advanced backlight technology that allows them to deliver a 98 percent coverage and 107 percent the gamut size of the AdobeRGB color space.
Benefits of using SpectraViewII with an NEC LCD display include:
- Three internal 12-bit look-up tables (LUTs), which allow precise adjustments to be made to the display’s tone response curve with minimal reduction to the number of displayable colors
- Fully automated calibration, which makes adjustments directly in the display hardware, allowing optimal settings to be configured without any user interaction
- Multiple calibration sets, which enable quick and easy switching between different calibration settings without the need to re-calibrate the display
- Calibrated display information, which shows the results of the calibration, including the measured color gamut, grayscale color tracking, Delta-E and luminance values
- Calibration status validation, whereby SpectraViewII queries the system to see if any controls have changed since the last calibration and restores to the previous calibrated state
- Monitor locking, which allows the On Screen Display (OSDÂ®) controls to lock the monitor once calibrated to prevent accidental or unauthorized adjustments
- Monitor profiling, which allows the monitor to be automatically profiled after calibration, generating a highly accurate ICC/ColorSync color profiles
- Colorimeter function, which allows direct measurements to be taken by the color sensor and the results displayed in a variety of formats
NEC’s MultiSync LCD2690W2-BK-SV and MultiSync LCD3090W-BK-SV will be available this month for $1449 and $2449 respectively, while the SpectraView Kit SVII-PRO-KIT costs $329.