JVC introduces the new HA-NCX78, a canal-type noise canceling headphones with several noise-reduction technologies to not only reduce ambient noise but also cord friction noise, wind noise and electrical noise. It has an in-line monitor switch for users to switch on/off the noise canceling function.
- Product Name: Noise canceling headphones
- Headphones: HA-NCX78
- Noise Reduction: more than 18.5dB at 200Hz (88%)
- Driver Unit: 0.33″(8.5mm)
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 18-22,000Hz
- Input Impedance: 36ohms (when ON), 14ohms (when OFF)
- Sensitivity: 105dB/1mW (when ON), 103dB/1mW (when OFF)
- Power Supply: AAA Battery (DC 1.5V) x1
- Battery Life (approx.): 50hours (using Alkaline AAA battery)
- Cord Length: 4.9ft (1.5m)
- Weight (with cord): 1.34oz (38g include battery)
- Plug: iPhone compatible, Gold Plated
- Accessory: Carrying pouch x1, AAA Battery x1, Dual Plug Adaptor (for in-flight use) x1, Detachable ear loop x1
JVC HA-NCX78 will be available in March 2009 for $79.99.
Update: The JVC HA-NCX78 is known as Victor HP-NCX78 and is available in Black and White.