Western Digital updates its ShareSpace Network-Attached Storage (NAS) that now comes with 8TB storage capacity. Like the 4TB ShareSpace, the new model has four drive bays each filled with a 2TB WD Caviar Green drive.
WD’s 8TB ShareSpace includes a DLNA Certified media server offering media streaming ability. 8TB ShareSpace NAS is priced at US $1699.99.
- A small-footprint, 4-bay storage system that takes up very little space and provides plenty of storage to go around;
- GigE connectivity with data transfer rates up to one gigabit per second when used in a GigE network;
- RAID 0/1/5 capabilities for data protection and speed;
- E-mail alert system that monitors drive and system health and sends you an e-mail if a problem is detected;
- UPnP/DLNA 1.5 Certified Media Server;
- iTunes server for centralized shared music;
- Microsoft Active Directory® directory service support;
- Plug a USB drive into the front-mounted USB 2.0 port and push a button to transfer automatically all the data on the drive to the WD ShareSpace system;
- Automatic and continuous2 network backup software including licenses to back up 3 computers;
- WD’s unique MioNet remote Web access service (for PC and Mac) that lets users access the drive from anywhere;
- Download manager that supports scheduled downloads through FTP and HTTP;
- Windows Vista® operating system ready;
- Built-in FTP server;
- 3 USB 2.0 ports;
- Equipped with WD drives using WD GreenPower technology, this system, with its efficient cooling architecture and power saving mode, consumes up to 33 percent less power3 and is reliably cool and quiet; and,
- 3-year limited warranty.