D-Link ships its DHP-303 PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapter Starter Kit that is designed to connect computers, high-definition (HD) media players, game consoles, network attached storage (NAS), and Internet content throughout the home.
The D-Link DHP-303 turns every power outlet in the home into a wall-to-wall network for connecting when connected to a switch or wireless access point. The kit includes two PowerLine wall plugs/ adapter that utilize the Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) for securing connections and keeping data safe from intruders.
The kit is available for $139.99.
Key Features and Benefits
- Uses home’s existing electrical wiring
- Streams HD media across the network
- Up to 200Mbps* throughput
- Connects computers, game consoles and multimedia devices to the Internet
- Plugs into existing power outlets
- QoS support helps prioritize Internet traffic
- Extends wireless LAN by connecting an access point to achieve stronger wireless signals in remote areas
- Supports enhanced network security
- Simple plug-and-play installation
- Power-saving mode
- Simple push-button security
- LED for easy monitoring
- Microsoft Windows Vista “network map” locator