Silicon Image launches the new SteelVine Series 3 Core storage processors, including the SiI5923 storage processor and the SiI3723 SATA port multiplier. The new SteelVine Series 3 Core processors offers 38 percent faster performance and consume 33 percent less power compared to the prior SteelVine products.
These new storage processors will be shipped starting in August 2009.
Key features of the SiI5923 SteelVine Series 3 Core storage processor:
- Storage offload engine (100 percent)
- eSATA-capable device ports
- RAID 1 performance (racing)
- RAID 0 low latency (high performance)
- Easy to use auto mirror/failover (automatic sector recovery)
- High-performance hardware acceleration
Key features of the SiI3723 SteelVine Series 3 Core SATA port multiplier:
- One host and two device ports
- Storage SATA port multiplier
- eSATA compatible device ports
- Automatic down shift to Gen 1
- LED pins for each PHY
- Enhanced performance option