Sony officially announced the new slimmer and lighter PlayStation (PS3) gaming system (model: CECH-2000A). The new PS3 has 120GB hard drive. It will be released on 1 September in US, Europe and Asia for US$299 or Euro 299.
The slim PS3, like the original one, is powered by Cell Broadband Engine, RSX GPU, 26MB XDR Main RAM and 256MB GDDR3 video RAM. It is equipped with a Blu-ray drive and offers Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth and HDMI connections. The new slim PS3 adds the support for BRAVIA Sync allowing you to control the system using BRAVIA TV remote.
It will have a matt black finish so you won’t see your fingerprints on the system anymore. A Bluetooth wireless controller.
The Slim PS3 has been unboxed by GameRadar:
Sony PS3 Slim Specs
- Product name: PlayStation 3
- Product code: CECH-2000A (Charcoal Black)
- CPU: Cell Broadband Engine™
- GPU: RSX
- Audio output: LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC.
- Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
- Hard disk: 120GB 2.5″ Serial ATA
- USB 2.0 ports: 2
- Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), IEEE 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.0 (+EDR)
- Controller: Wireless Controller (Bluetooth) x 1
- AV outputs: HDMI x 1, AV MULTI OUT x 1, Digital out (optical) x 1
- Resolutions: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p, 576i)
- BD / DVD / CD drive (read only): BD × 2 (BD-ROM), DVD × 8 (DVD-ROM), CD × 24 (CD-ROM)
- Power: AC 220 – 240, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Approx. 250W
- External dimensions (excluding maximum projecting part): Approx. 290 × 65 × 290 mm (width × height × length)
- Mass: Approx. 3.2kg
- Included in box: PlayStation 3 system × 1, Wireless Controller (DUALSHOCK 3) × 1, AC power cord × 1, AV cable × 1, USB cable × 1