This is the DUO, a kit by KCI Communication that converts almost any laptop or computer LCD into a touchscreen with full tablet functionality. The device works basically like the Navisis’ laptop tablet. There is a base station to be attached to the top of the display to track the XY coordinates and position of the pen.
The DUO can be used on 17-inch or small LCD monitors. It works with Windows and automatically synchronizes with Windows Vista and Windows 7 tablet software. The DUO supports multiple languages. It costs $119.95.
- Type, write or draw directly on documents or your desktop
- Highlight key information using a variety of lines, shapes and colors
- Draw or write with varied line texture and brush strokes using the pressure sensitive tip
- Capture personal hand writing or automatically convert it to ASCII characters for clear, easy reading
- Write on the screen and witness the advanced word recognition capabilities and smoothness of the pen
- Use the virtual keyboard for easy touch screen typing
- Capture and save all or part of your notes, markings and pictures in a .jpeg file leaving the original document unmarked
- Use the ballpoint pen tip to write directly on paper and have the image appear on DUO’s NoteTaker software
- Email meeting or lecture notes to customers, students and co-workers
- Use on most monitors, laptops 17-inch and smaller
- USB plug ‘n play for easy set up
- Ink annotation compatibility in Microsoft Office programs
- Automatically synchronizes with Windows Vista and Windows 7 tablet software, which allows for handwritten character recognition, pen flicks, snipping tool, sticky notes, and more!
- Supports multiple languages: Korean, Chinese, Japanese, English, French, German, Italy, Spanish