Harman Kardon announced three new audio/video receivers that is designed to bring the “best sound and visual experience to the home.” All three receivers are capable of Logic 7, 5.1 and 7.1 for music and cinema.
Harman Kardon’s new receivers support most audio codecs including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES Discrete..etc. All of them have HDMI input and output. The AVR 2600 and AVR 3600 models gets Faroudja “Torino” video scaler/enhancer upconverting analog video to up to 1080p through HDMI and Dolby Volume Audio DSP. The flashship AVR 3600 includes also “The Bridge III” that allows charging, control and audio/HD video playback from compatible iPod and iPhone products.
The AVR 1600, AVR 2600 and AVR 3600 offer an output power of 50-watt per channel, 65-watt per-channel and 80-watt per channle respectively. They will be available in September 2009 for a suggested retail price ranging from $599.95 for the AVR 1600, $799.95 for the AVR 2600 and $1,199.95 for the AVR 3600.
he Harman Kardon AVR 3600 (SRP $1,199.95) includes all of the AVR 1600 and AVR 2600 features plus the following:
- The Bridge III, included for charging, control and audio/HD video playback from compatible iPod and iPhone products
- Additional Custom Features: Full multiroom audio system with Zone II remote included, preamplifier outputs for all channels and A-BUS/READY
The Harman Kardon AVR 2600 (SRP $799.95) includes all of the AVR 1600 features plus the following:
- Audio DSP Section: Dolby Volume
- Video DSP Section: Faroudja ‘Torino’ video scaler/enhancer, upconverts to composite from component video or HDMI, upconverts to 720P, 1080i through component or up to 1080p through HDMI. Menu system rendered directly in HD up to 1080p
- HDMI Inputs/Outputs: Four inputs and one output, assignable component video ports
- Audio Inputs: iPod charging, control via AVR menus and playback of audio or HD and SD video via The Bridge III (not included), SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready
- Audio Outputs: Configurable back amps for 7.1 or Zone II output
- General Features: Remote In/Out, MR remote In, one switched AC outlet
The Harman Kardon AVR 1600 (SRP $599.95) includes the following:
- Amplifier: Output power – 50 watts per channel (65 watts for the AVR 2600 and 80 watts for the AVR 3600), 20Hz–20kHz bandwidth, high current capability and all-discrete amplifier circuitry
- Audio DSP Section: Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital, Dolby PLIIx, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS NEO:6, DTS 96/24 and DTS 96 kHz/7.1Ch., Logic 7, 5.1 and 7.1 for cinema and music, 2 Ch. downmix
- Video DSP Section: Cross-conversion via component to HDMI (all input to HDMI for the AVR 2600 and AVR 3600)
- Audio Inputs: 6/8 channel direct, portable music player via 3.5 mini jack, five analog L/R (rear) and one analog L/R (front) and S/P-DIF inputs
- Audio Outputs: Three analog out L/R (rear), pre-outs and headphone
- Video Inputs: Three rear and one front composite video, two rear high-bandwidth component video (configurable)
- Video Outputs: One composite video output for front and rear, and one for receiver (VID1)
- HDMI Inputs/Outputs: Three inputs and one output, assignable component video ports
- Digital Inputs/Outputs: Two coax and optical rear inputs, one coax and optical front input, one coax rear output
- General Features: USB port for firmware/DSP updates and upgrades, compressed music enhancer and EzSet/EQ