LG is adding the VUDU connecivity to its BD390 networked Blu-ray Disc player. The BD390 offers 1080p output with Dolby Digital Plys 5.1 Surround Sound. The playeer does also DVD 1080p upscaling. It comes with 1GB built-in memory and Ethernet connector for BD-Live functionality.
Thanks to the new VUDU support, the LG BD390 can access a huge library of HD movie library. The BD390 is priced at $399 and includes the NetCast Entertainment Access”. VUDU connectivity will be available at the end of the month via a free upgrade.
Some of VUDU’s key features include:
- Instant viewing experience: unlike typical Internet and on-demand video streaming, VUDU movies start immediately, and viewers can fast forward, rewind and browse chapters without the delays or the frustration associated with buffering
- Highest quality video: VUDU’s unique HDX format delivers true 1080p resolution and TruFilm encoding enhancements, now available for the first time on an instant-start basis
- Immersive sound: VUDU is the only on-demand service to deliver Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound at all video quality levels
- No monthly fees: customers can instantly buy or rent from VUDU’s extensive library of standard and high definition movie and TV titles without any monthly service charges
- Largest HD library anywhere: over 2,200 titles are available in HD or HDX format
- New releases: Newly-released titles from all major studios are available the same day as DVD release, typically months before they are available on subscription-based services