Texas Instruments announced the OMAP-DM5x coprocessors that bring the industry’s highest megapixel (MP) capability, with up to 20 MP still imaging capabilities, as well as 720p high-definition (HD) camcorder functionality to mobile phones.
Two models are available, the OMAP-DM515 can handle 12 Megapixel imaging while the OMAP-DM525 does 20 Megapixel. Both of them are capable of 720p HD video recording.
Key features and benefits of the OMAP-DM5x coprocessor family:
- Digital SLR-”like” imaging:
- Industry’s highest MP support, with up t20 MP capabilities and high-quality 720p HD videcapture
- 8MP shot-to-shot performance, with 1.4 frames per second in high-quality mode and 2 frames per second in burst mode
- Integrated software that delivers stand-alone consumer electronics quality imaging and video:
- Perfect moment technology: Captures a series of shots, allowing users tselect the best image in a series
- Smart lighting: Compensates for backlit and low-light environments
- Face tracking: Identifies, recognizes and focuses on faces
- Autscene detector: Determines appropriate settings based on environment
- Videnoise filter: Improves videquality
- Advanced motion-triggered image stability
- TV-out capabilities enable content sharing on larger screens
- Pin compatibility between all devices allows for easy design upgrades tmatch changing consumer demands
- Eliminates need for external memory
- Works with a variety of mobile baseband and application processor solutions, as well as any high-level or real-time operating system.