Pentax announced the new smc D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR lens, which features the company’s original weather-resistant construction. This new macro lens sports “a high-grade, aluminum barrel with the high-quality, exclusive exterior design and finish unique to the PENTAX D FA series lenses”.
The D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR includes also SP (Super Protect) surface coating to repel dust, water and grease and to minimize fingerprints. It offers a focal length equivalent to 153mm in the 35mm. It mounts on a Pentax digital SLR camera body.
The smc D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR lens will be available in in January 2010 for USD $849.95.
Other significant features of this latest WR lens include:
- Mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body, this lens offers a focal length equivalent to 153mm in the 35mm format for high-quality, true-to-life images, while minimizing flare and ghost images. The maximum life-size magnification allows photographers to capture dramatic close-up images with great ease.
- A working distance of just over five inches (13 cm) facilitates close-up photography of subjects including flora, insects, and wildlife.
- The PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera’s AF system.
- An image circle to accommodate 35mm film-format camera image size.
- Compatibility with the macro adapter included in the PENTAX AF160FC dedicated Auto Macro Ring Flash.