Though lacks internal storage, the Popbox has USB ports and Ethernet so that it can play media content from attached USB devices or from computers in home network. The Popbox can also stream content from internet services such as Netflix, Crunchyroll, SHOUTcast, FunSpot, Twitter, Photobucket, Revision.
Syabas’ Popbox supports Flash Lite 3.1. In addition to HDMI, the media streamer offers Component video, Analog Audio S/PDIF Optical audio outputs as well. WiFi connectivity is available as an option. The Popbox will be available in March for $129.
- Video File Containers: MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V), MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG, DAT, VOB), MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS), AVI, ASF, WMV, Matroska (MKV), MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4
- Video Codecs: XVID SD/HD, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 MP@HL, MPEG-4.2 ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC, MPEG-4.10 (H.264), BP@L3, MP@L4.0, HP@L4.0, HP@L4.1, WMV9, MP@HL, SMPTE 421M (VC-1), MP@HL, AP@L3
- Audio File Containers: AAC, M4A, MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA), WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG
- Audio Codecs: Dolby Digital, DTS, WMA, WMA Pro, MPEG-1 Layer 1, 2, 3, MPEG-4 AAC-LC, MPEG-4 HE-AAC, MPEG-4 BSAC, LPCM, FLAC, OGG Vorbis
- Photo formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF