Sony announced the Cyber-shot DSC-W370 and DSC-W350 digital cameras that come with a CCD image sensor which provides the innovative Sweep Panorama feature. The 14 Megapixel W370 and W350 Cyber-shot models can take up to 243 and 268-degree panorama shots, respectively, in one easy press-and-sweep, thanks to the Sweep Panorama function.
The W370 features a 7x long zoom lens and a 3-inch LCD display while the W350 gets a 4x zoom Carl Zeiss wide angle 26mm lens and a 2.7-inch display. They can record 720p movie and offers Optical SteadyShot image stabilization. The W370 has HDMI output as well.
The Sweep Panorama, first introduced in HX1, TX1 and WX1 CMOS cameras, utilizes a CCD sensor to capture dramatic panoramic scenes. The W370 and W350 shoot images continuously to capture wide landscapes or tall buildings (panorama shots) in one easy “press and sweep” motion.
Also announced is the DSC-W330 14 Megapixel camera with 4x Carl Zeiss zoom lens and a 3-inch LCD, the 12 Megapixel DSC-W310 with a 4x zoom lens and a 2.7-inch display, and the 12 Megapixel DSC-S2100 with 3x zoom and 3-inch display.
All five camera support Memory Stick PRO Duo and SDHC cards. They are available for pre-order now:
- The W370 camera will be available in silver, graphite black, green and red this March for about $230.
- The W350 camera will be available in silver, black, pink and blue this January for about $200.
- The W330 camera will be available in silver, black, red and blue this February for about $170.
- The W310 camera will be available in silver, black and pink this March for about $150.
- The S2100 camera will be available in silver, black and orange this February for about $120.