Other World Computing (OWC) launches the new Mercury Extreme Enterprise Class SSD (model OWCSSDMXE200) with 200GB capacity. Equipped with SandForce Processor and DuraClass technology, OWC’s Enterprise SSD offers up to 285MB/s read and 275MB/s write speeds.
The 2.5-inch OWCSSDMXE200 SSD uses SATA I/II interface and offers chip-based 128-bit AES data encryption. It is priced at $779.99.
The Mercury Extreme SSD features industry leading SandForce DuraClass Technologies:
- DuraWrite extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distibutes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent “Recycling” for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive simiar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.