Texas Instruments announced the new TMS320DM6467T DaVinci video processing chipset designed for video communications and security applications. The 1Ghz TMS320DM6467T video processor is capable of decoding HD H.264 in 1080p at up to 60fps.
- The combined performance of a 1 GHz C64x+ DSP and 500 MHz ARM926EJ-S
- Supports H.264 1080p decoding up to 60 fps, a well as eight simultaneous channels of H.264 D1 real-time video encoding with solution from a third party
- Higher core speed with flexible DSP programmability provides sufficient processing capacity to implement advanced video processing algorithms and functions
- Faster DDR2 interface at 400 MHz facilitates higher bandwidth for more efficient video throughput
- Two integrated 500 MHz High Definition Video/Imaging Co-Processors (HD-VICP) accelerate video processing and increase application efficiency
- Faster 150 MHz video port interface supports 1080p capture/display
- PCI bus increased to 66 MHz for faster data transfer
- Ready for use, off-the-shelf video analytics function libraries are available now
- Hardware and software compatibility with the TMS320DM6467, announced in December 2007, enables easy migration to the DM6467T
- High level of integration further reduces system cost, complexity, power and size
The TI TMS320DM6467T DaVinci is priced at $106.95 in quantities of 1,000 units.