NetGear announced the launch of its new MBRN3300E 3G Mobile Broadband Router that is designed to share your 3G broadband connection across multiple device via WiFi or Ethernet. The router is made in collaboration with Ericsson. It has built-in 3G HSPA or EV-DO modem and internal antennas.
The NetGear MBRN3300E supports 802.11n WiFi standard with WPS and provides four 100/100 Ethernet LAN ports. It has built-in firewall, built-in port forwarding settings as well as Universal Plug and Play (UPnP™) and virtual private network (VPN) pass-through.
- Live Parental Controls and content filtering
- Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), VPN pass-through and Denial of Service protection
- Guest networks (multiple SSID) capability to enable customers to set up multiple wireless networks within a home or small business. (This is especially useful for setting up a dedicated network for guests to give them access to the Internet but not other resources and files on the network.)
- Automatic Quality of Service (QoS) for reliable video, voice and gaming
- A broadband usage meter to ensure accurate measurement of download Internet traffic with customized alerts when close to the monthly bandwidth threshold to help avoid excess usage charges
- Push ‘N’ Connect with industry standard Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) for securely connecting devices at the touch of a button
- On/off switches for power and 3G / Wi-Fi to help customers conserve energy
- Optional car power charger and a battery pack for complete mobile usage