Netgear launches the XAVB5001 Powerline AV 500 adapter kit and the XAVB5501 Powerline AV+ 500 Adapter Kit. Both designed to be compatible with the draft international IEEE P1901 powerline standard, the XAVB5001 and XAVB5501 provide faster transfer speeds for bandwidth-hungry applications such as lag-free Internet gaming, Voice over IP (VoIP), large file transfers to networked devices, and even simultaneous 1080p HD video streaming.
Netgear’s new Powerline kits are compact and each of them comes with two adapaters. The two models are nearly identical, except the XAVB5501 includes integrated filtered power socket for “pass-through” capability.
- Among the highest throughput of any consumer networking product available, with 500 Mbps PHY rates and Gigabit link rates, enabling greater coverage for every home outlet and making every room HD-capable.
- Backwards compatibility with other HomePlug AV products from NETGEAR, as well as the millions of installed HomePlug AV-certified products from other vendors.
- Designed for compatibility with the draft IEEE P1901 global standard for high-speed powerline communications (http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/1901/).
- Compliance with the stringent European Code of Conduct (CoC) on Energy Efficiency and the European Union’s Energy-using Products (EuP) Directive for low power, green energy operation.
- Ideal for use with Internet-connected devices that demand high bandwidth, such as the NETGEAR Digital Entertainer Express (EVA9100), Elite (EVA9150) and Live (EVA2000) digital media players, Blu-ray players, TiVo, AppleTV, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, DVRs and network-enabled TVs.
- Multi-colored “pick-a-plug” LEDs indicate current network performance, so the customer can determine the strength of the powerline connection without having to look at a computer.
- Advanced energy management and standby capabilities provide wake-on-activity functionality to reduce overall energy usage.
- Prioritized Quality of Service (QoS).
- Simple “push-and-secure” functionality enables average users to easily install and secure the devices with 128-Bit AES encryption — no software configuration, no knowledge of networking, and no PC required, all with the push of a button.