Data Robotics announced the Drobo FS NAS device designed for simple, expandable file sharing. Using the same chassis as the Drobo S, the new FS offers similar functionality. It has five SATA I/II drive bays for up to 10TB of capacity and a 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet Port.
The Drobo FS supports the BeyondRAID virtualized storage technology and offers a one-click toggle between single- and dual-drive redundancy and provides protection against up to two simultaneous drive failures. It starts at $699 and the 10TB bundle is priced at $1449.
- Plug-In and Share – The Drobo FS connects directly to any Gigabit Ethernet network for a true plug in and share set-up experience. Supports standard data transfer protocols including Apple File Protocol (AFP) and Microsoft Common Internet File System (CIFS).
- 5-Drive Capacity and Instant Expansion to 10TB and Beyond – Customers with growing storage requirements can easily add data capacity by simply inserting a new hard drive or replacing the smallest drive with a larger one, even when all five drive bays are full. With Drobo FS, expansion is automatic, instantaneous, and access to data is always maintained.
- Single- and Dual-Drive Redundancy – The Drobo FS dual drive redundancy option protects against the simultaneous failure of up to two hard drives. Customers can engage this option with a single click without ever losing access to their data.
- Self-Healing Technology – With BeyondRAID, the Drobo FS continually examines data blocks and sectors on each drive to flag potential issues. The preemptive “scrubbing” helps ensure data is being written only to healthy drive areas and automatically keeps data in the safest state possible – even when a drive fails.
- Customizable Storage – Utilizing the growing library of DroboApps, including media and web applications, users can customize the Drobo FS to further enhance their sharing experience.