Belkin announced its new Conserve energy-saving accessories, including the Conserve Insight, Conserve Socket, Conserve Valet, and Conserve Smart AV, joining the Conserve Surge. These products are “elegantly designed and easy to use”.
The Conserve Insight is a energy-use monitor that helps you monitor your energy use by showing how much devices really cost—in watts, dollars, and carbon dioxide. Then Conserve Valet is a smart charging station that charges all of your mobile devices. It helps save energy by shutting off automatically when the devices are fully charged.
Belkin’s Conserve Socket power timer automatically shuts off power after a time interval you select, so as to save energy. The Conserve Smart AV auto-off surge protector detects when your TV is turned on or off, and shuts down power to connected components—like video game consoles, DVD players, and home theater equipment—so that no energy is wasted when the TV is not turned on.
Conserve Insight (F7C005) – $29.99
- Make better energy decisions: See how much different devices cost to use on a yearly or monthly basis
- Know your environmental impact: Shows power-plant CO2 emissions produced to use your device on a yearly or monthly basis
- Easy to read: 6 ft. cord allows you to read display at eye level or place on a table
- Customizable: Use the preloaded U.S. average electricity rate or enter your own rate off your electric bill; you can also set the CO2 emissions rate for your specific region
- Tracking feature: Tracks your actual device usage over time and projects the cost of operation
Conserve Smart AV (F7C007) – $29.99
- Simple setup: Plug your TV into the green socket and your AV peripherals into one of the five controlled outlets
- Saves energy automatically: The green socket detects the power state of your TV and automatically turns on/off DVD players, VCRs, game consoles, receivers, subwoofers, etc.
- Works with cable/satellite boxes: 2 Always-On Outlets for devices that need constant power
- Protects sensitive electronics: 1080 joules of surge protection ensure electronics are safe from power spikes or surges
- Saves space: Narrow footprint and wall-mounting holes make it easy to place behind furniture
Conserve Valet (F7C008) – $39.99
- Charge up to 4 mobile devices at the same time
- Frees up wall outlets: Replace up to 4 charging “bricks” with 1 clean power cord
- Saves energy by automatically turning off after devices are fully charged
- The product itself draws zero power when not in use—so you can keep your devices ready to go without wasting energy
- Designated charging spot: Always know where your mobile devices are and that they are fully charged
- Eliminates standby power: Doesn’t power until you hit the start button; automatically turns off when you unplug all your devices
- Reduces clutter: Innovative storage area to hide messy cords
- Includes 2 cables: A USB to mini-USB cable and a USB to micro-USB cable are included
Conserve Socket (F7C009) – $9.99
- Easy to set: Choose 30 minutes, 3 hours, or 6 hours with a simple switch
- Safer home: Automatically shuts off space heaters, curling irons, etc.
- Saves energy: Completely cuts power after timer expires
- Multiple uses: Can be used with appliances and devices throughout the house