Motorola introduces the ES400 Enterprise Digital Assistant (EDA), which is a Windows Embedded Handheld device based on Windows Mobile 6.5 OS. The ES500 sports a 600MHz ARM11 processor, 256MB RAM, 1GB Flash memory. It features a QWERTY keyboard, a 3-inch PenTil 640×479 touchscreen, a 3.2 Megapixel camera with auto focus and bar code scanning and a microSD card slot.
Motorola’s ES400 is a rugged EDA that meets the MIL-STD 810G drop, temperature, vibration and rain standards and exceeds IP42 rating. As for connectivity, the device supports tri-band HSDPA/HSUPA, quad-band GSM/EDGE and dual-band CDMA/EVDO, A-GPS, WiFi 802.11a/b/g and Bluetooth.
This enterprise-oriented device runs Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional with a customizable enterprise UI offering always-on access to enterprise applications.
Key enterprise features include:
- Customizable Motorola Enterprise User Interface (MEUI) makes business-critical information and functions available with one key press. Includes enterprise-specific enhancements like photo annotation.
- One button push-to-scan: 1D and 2D bar code reading fulfilling the needs of mobile workers.
- Large, super-bright, three-inch VGA screen (750 NITS – nearly twice as bright as consumer devices for usage indoors and outdoors) plus integrated keyboard.
- Easy and accurate input with stylus and touch-screen allowing signature capture that is often necessary for completing field tasks.
- Standard battery power to endure full shifts in nearly any work environment. An extended-life battery is also available.
- True worldwide communications with user-selectable 3.5G WAN: GSM HSPA and CDMA EVDO RevA compatibility.
- Broad WLAN functionality supporting 802.11 a/b/g, enabling data, and in 2011, an application for push-to-talk over VoIP compatibility.
- Durable construction to withstand dust, drops and bumps occurring every business day. Meets MIL-STD 810G drop specifications leading to lower total cost of ownership.
- Enterprise-class security including built-in biometric fingerprint reader.
- Three-year life cycle for easier, better IT support and product management, support and service programs designed for business, adding to a better return on investment.
- Built on the standards-based Windows Mobile 6.5 platform to power seamless connectivity, application compatibility and support for industry-specific applications and advanced security and device management mobility needs.