OCZ Technology launches its new line of 1.8-inch solid state drives (SSD), the 1.8-inch Vertex 2 and 1.8-inch Onyx. Both of them uses MLC NAND flash memory and SATA II interface and come with 64MB cache memory.. They have a lightweight alloy housing
The Performance series Vertex 2 utilizes SandForce controller and features up to 285MB/s read and 275MB/s write speed and 4KB random writes up to 50,000 IOPS. The 1.8-inch Vertex 2 comes in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB capacities.
The Value Series Onyx, on ther other hand, comes in 32GB and 64GB densities. It has up to 145MB/s read and 120MB/s write speeds.
Vertex 2 1.8-inch
- 60GB – OCZSSD1-2VTX60G – $243.99
- 120GB – OCZSSD1-2VTX120G – $476.99
- 240GB – OCZSSD1-2VTX240G -$897.99
- 32GB – OCZSSD1-1ONX32G – $107.99
- 64GB – OCZSSD1-1ONX64G – $198.99