Kanex launches the all-new iAdapt HDMI V2 Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter (model MDPHDMIV2) that is designed to uses with Mid 2010 Mac computers with Mini DisplayPort audio pass through. Unlike the iAdapt 51 for old Mac models, the new V2 has been engineered to support full 1080p HD video output and audio with a single HDMI cable, without the need to a 3.5mm jack and USB connector for power.
The Kanex iAdapt HDMI V2 supports Full HD 1080p digtail video, HDMI 225MHz/2.25Gbps per channel (6.75Gbps total) bandwidth, HDMI Deep Color 12bit per channel (36bit color depth), uncompressed digital LPCM 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels and compressed digital Bit-Stream. It is now powered via Mini DisplayPort. Kanex’s adapter is priced at $29.95.
List of Apple Computers (Mid 2010) models with Mini DisplayPort audio pass through :
- MacBook 13-inch: 2.4GHz (MC516LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 13-inch: 2.4GHz (MC374LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 13-inch: 2.66GHz (MC375LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 15-inch: 2.4GHz (MC371LL/A )
- MacBook Pro 15-inch: 2.53GHz (MC372LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz (MC373LL/A)
- MacBook Pro 17-inch: 2.53GHz (MC024LL/A)
- iMac 21.5-inch: 3.06GHz (MB950LL and MC413LL/A)
- iMac 27-inch: 3.06GHz (MB952LL/A)
- iMac 27-inch: 2.66GHz Intel Core i5 (MB953LL/A)
- iMac 27-inch: 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 upgrade (MB953LL/A)