Data Robotics launches the new DroboPro FS 8-drive storage array, which is built on success of Drobo FS. The new DroboPro FS has the same 3U form factor as the DroboPro and is rackmountable. The system is designed small office environment that requires a simple, safe, and affordable device for sharing and backing up files over the network.
The DroboPro FS gets a 1Ghz CPU, faster than the 800MHz CPU found on the 4-drive Drobo FS. It starts at $1999 and the 8TB costs $2599, 16TB bundle costs $3299 and the 32TB bundle is priced at $6399.
- BeyondRAID Technology for The Best Storage Experience Ever: Like all Drobo products, the new DroboPro FS is based on patented BeyondRAID technology, which provides unprecedented and unmatched ease of use, affordability, self-healing data protection, and expandability.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Storage Capacity: Small businesses with growing storage requirements can easily and affordably add data capacity by simply inserting a new SATA hard drive or by replacing the smallest drive with a larger one, even when all eight drive bays of the DroboPro FS are full.
- Network File Sharing: The DroboPro FS connects directly to any Gigabit Ethernet network for a true plug in and share set-up experience, supporting Microsoft, Apple, and Linux computer systems.
- Automated Backup: Every DroboPro FS includes the new Drobo Sync application that will automatically backup (locally or remotely) all data to another DroboPro FS. Drobo Sync is both efficient and flexible, only transmitting portions of files that have changed and allowing backups to be conveniently scheduled.
- Redundant Network Connections for High Availability: DroboPro FS provides two Gigabit Ethernet ports with network protection mode to ensure the highest data availability over the network.
- Automated and Continuous Thin Provisioning: Unlike any competitive storage system in the market, the new DroboPro FS provides automated and perpetual thin provisioning to customers, allowing users to further stretch their storage investment and utilization.