Cisco announced its new umi telepresence, its first video conferencing system for consumer that brings family and friends together in HD video. Cisco ūmi connects to an existing HD television and a broadband internet connection to create a lifelike video communications experience.
Cisco umi system includes a HD camera, a console and a remote control. It connects to network via either wired Ethernet or wireless. Users can also record their own umi videos, which they can share on Facebook, on YouTube, or via email. Users can even keep in touch with people who don’t have umi by placing and receiving video calls from any computer with a webcam and Google video chat.
The Cisco umi will be released on 14 November and is now available for pre-order for $599. A monthly fee of $24.99 is needed for unlimited umi calls, video messaging and video storage.
Cisco ūmi Key Features and Benefits
- Users enjoy amazingly clear and lifelike full HD experience.
- An existing HD television and a broadband Internet connection are all that is needed.
- Cisco ūmi is easy to set up and simple to use – users can be together at the touch of a button.
- Video calls can be placed and received on any computer with a webcam and Google video chat.
- Users will never miss a ūmi call with video messages.
- Cisco ūmi videos can be created and then shared on Facebook, YouTube, or email.
- Video messages can be checked on-the-go with a laptop.
- New video message notices arrive via text on a mobile phone.
- From the comfort of the couch, users can pan the room and even zoom in to get up close and personal, or pull back to include the whole family.
- Privacy features like call screening and blocking, and a camera shutter that closes, keep users in control of their privacy.
- Personalize with a unique video greeting, ringtones, and calling favorites.
- The stylish design is a perfect match for the living room and HD television.