SandForce announced the availability of its SF-2000 family of SSD processors “optimized for SSDs deployed in mission-critical Enterprise and Industrial computing applications.” These processors, the SF-2500 and SF-2600, feature a 6 Gigabit-per-second SATA host interface, industry applauded DuraClass Technology, an unprecedented 60,000 sustained random read/write IOPS (Input-output Operations Per Second) and sustained sequential read/write performance of 500 Megabytes per second. They support SLC, MLC, and eMLC NAND Flash memory.
- Support for advanced 30nm- and 20nm-class Flash with Asynch/ONFi2/Toggle interfaces with data rates up to 166 Mega Transfers per second
- Enhanced dual-ported SAS bridge support, including non-512-byte sector sizes, e.g., 520, 524, 528, 4K, etc., with Data Integrity Field (DIF) for true Enterprise-class SAS drive behavior and performance
- TCG Enterprise security with selectable multi-banded 256/128-bit AES encryption with line-rate double encryption for data written to the drive
- Advanced ECC engine correcting up to 55 bits per 512-byte sector to assure high data integrity and support for future generations of Flash memory
- Power and performance throttling options to support green computing initiatives
- Industrial temperature support (-40 to +85 degrees Celsius)