Matrox Graphics launches the Extio F2408, a remote graphics solution that separates up to four high resolution displays plus USB keyboard, mouse, and other HIDs from the host system by up to 1 kilometer (3280 feet) of fiber-optic cable. The extender supports 2560×1600 resolution via DisplayPort and 1920×1080 resolution via DVI and VGA connection.
The Extio F2408 extender supports four displays and users can add the optional Matrox Extio F2408 Expander to connect up to eight displays. These solutions will be available in December 2010.
- High performance, zero compression KVM optical extension up to 1 KM from the PC1
- Supports up to 4 displays (DisplayPort, Digital, or Analog) from a single appliance, fiber-optic cable and workstation2
- Independent and stretched mode support for 4×1 and 2×2 configurations
- Expandable with support for up to 8 displays via Extio F2408 Expander unit
- Max. resolution of 2560×1600 (DisplayPort), & 1920×1200 (Digital, Analog) per display
- Matrox KVM technology extends the bus via a PCIe bus interface card while optical connection guarantees performance eliminating hidden/dropped frames, data latency, and artifacts as seen with compression-based solutions
- Designed for process control rooms, dispatch centers, and other mission-critical environments that require stable, reliable I/O extension technology
- Flexible connectivity with 5x USB 2.0 ports for keyboard, mouse, touch screens and other HIDs
- Passive cooling (heat sink with no fan) for silent operation and extra reliability
- PCI Express x1 fiber-optic interface card (Part XTO2A-FESLPAF) sold separately
- Operating system support for Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64 bit), Windows XP (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, and Linux
- Intuitive and easy-to-use Matrox PowerDesk 3.0 multi-display configuration and desktop management software
- Global sales and technical support