Kingston announced its new HyperX MAX 3.0 external USB 3.0 SuperSpeed solid state storage drive. Available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities, the pocket-sized HyperX MAX 3.0 uses the USB 3.0 interface high-speed interface and is backward compatible with USB 2.0. The drive offers up to 195MB/s read and up to 160MB/s write speeds.
Kingston’s USB 3.0 external drive has a sleek, stylish design and a rugged aluminum casing. During Kingston’s internal testing, a 10GB movie file was transferred in only 1 minute, 12 seconds to the HyperX MAX 3.0 from a USB 3.0 system. The transfer time increased to 5 minutes, 52 seconds using a USB 2.0 port with the same test bed.
Pricing and availability have not been announced.
|Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 USB 3.0 External Drive|
|Part Number||Capacity and Features||MSRP
|SHX100U3/64G||64GB HyperX MAX External USB 3.0 Drive||$ TBA|
|SHX100U3/128G||128GB HyperX MAX External USB 3.0 Drive||$ TBA|
|SHX100U3/256G||256GB HyperX MAX External USB 3.0 Drive||$ TBA|
Kingston HyperX MAX 3.0 Features and Specifications:
- Performance — USB-IF SuperSpeed-Certified
- Standardized — complies with USB 3.0 specification standards, compatible with USB 2.0
- Sequential Speed — Read — up to 195MB/sec., Write — up to 160MB/sec
- Shock-resistant — built with Flash components so no moving parts
- Portable — Aluminum design is sleek, stylish and rugged
- Silent — runs silently with no moving parts
- Easy — plug & play with no driver required; utilizes USB bus power with no additional bus power required
- Guaranteed — three-year warranty
- Capacities — 64GB, 128GB and 256GB
- Dimensions — 2.89″ x 4.67″ x 0.47″ (73.49mm x 118.60mm x 12.00mm)
- Vibration Operating — 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (20min/Axis) x 3 Axis
- Vibration Non-operating — 20G Peak, 10-2000Hz, (12 Cycle/Axis) x 3 Axis, x 20min.
- Operating Shock — 1500G
- Operating Temperature — 0° to 60°C / 32° to 140°F
- Storage Temperature — -20° to 85°C / -4° to 185°F
- Power Consumption — 4.5W
- Dual LED — blue for USB 3.0, green for USB 2.0