Lensbaby announced its new Sweet 35 Optic, its first optic with an adjustable aperture. This 35mm selective focus optic come with an internal 12-blade adjustable aperture, creating a tack sharp Sweet Spot of focus surrounded by blur.
The Sweet 35 allows photographers to quickly and seamlessly change the aperture from f/2.5 through f/22, simply by rotating the dial on the front of the optic. It allows focus down to 7.5-inch from the front of the lens when used with the Lensbaby Composer and as close as 3 inches when used with the Muse.
Lensbaby’s Sweet 35 Optic is available for $179.95.
Sweet 35 Optic Product Specs:
- Focal Length: 35mm
- 12-blade internal aperture, controlled by a dial on the front of the optic
- Aperture range from f/2.5 through f/22 (sweet spot size ranges from 15%, at f/2.5, to
- 40%, at f/22, of total image area on APS-C sensor cameras)
- Selective focus optic (creates a sweet spot of focus surrounded by gradual blur)
- Compatible with Lensbaby Composer, Scout, Muse, and Control Freak lenses*
- Focus distance when used with:
- Composer: 7.5” to infinity
- Scout: 6.5” to infinity
- Muse & Control Freak: 3” to infinity
- 4 multi-coated glass elements, in three groups
- 46mm front threads