AMD launches its fastest quad-core desktop processor, the Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition that operates a 3.7GHz wih a 6MB L3 cache. Designed for gamers and enthusiasts looking to upgrade their PC experience with exceptional multi-core performance, the CPU featires VISION Black Technology for intense 3D gaming and immersive, high definition entertainment.
AMD also announced the Radeon E6760 embedded graphics processor with OpenCL support. It supports up to six independent output displays and offers HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort outputs. It can be paired with AMD’s upcoming high-performance A-Series Accelerated Processing Units (APU) codenamed “Llano” to offer additional graphics capability and additional parallel computing power.
Radeon E6760 GPU Features:
- Desktop level graphics, multimedia and compute capabilities
- 480 shader processors
- 128-bit memory interface with 1 GB GDDR5
- Microsoft DirectX 11 support
- Third generation unified video decoder
- Support for H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2/4 decode
- Dual HD decode, Blu-ray & stereo 3D
- Up to 6 displays with AMD Eyefinity technology
- AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing technology for supercomputing capabilities