Addonics introduces the NAS30U2 NAS 3.0 Adapter, its 3rd generation NAS adapter designed to turn any USB 2.0 hard drive, SSD, USB flash drive into a network storage device for sharing over the LAN or Internet. Attached USB storage device can be accessed over the LAN or over the internet. The new NAS 3.0 adds support for FAT, NTFS and exFAT file systems and up to 256TB capacity under NTFS or a whopping 128PB under exFAT.
The Addonics NAS30U2 supports SMB (Server Message Block), open source Samba network protocols and offers printer server, X-Box media server and Bit-Torrent client functions. It supports 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit network and its USB port can be used to power most 2.5-inch USB hard drives and any low powered USB storage device. The adapter has two USB 2.0 ports, one with full read/write function and one for USB printer and read only.
- Turn any USB 2.0 hard drive, SSD or USB mass storage device into a Network Attached Storage appliance
- Great for attaching Addonics Raid Tower / RAID Rack, Flash reader and any Addonics USB storage device onto the network
- A powerful tool for creating a custom Network Attached Storage appliance.
- Built-In SMB / Samba server for file sharing over LAN, maximum16 users and total 64 TCP connection can read /write at the same time.
- Built-in WebDAV server for file sharing over the internet (HTTP and HTTPS support).
- Support any USB storage with NTFS or exFAT file system. Click on the following link http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm for a detail comparison of these two file systems.
- Maximum drive volume:
- NTFS – 256 TB
- exFAT – 128 PB
- Minimum drive volume required – 2GB
- No additional drive preparation required. USB storage with existing data can be attached to the NAS adapter.
- Built-in Bit Torrent client for direct download to the attached USB storage device
- Can be set as a UPnP AV server to share photo/music files stored on the file server with XBOX 360 video game consoles connected to the LAN
- User management to allow read only or read/write access to folders
- Administrative management access via web browser with password security.
- Support up to two USB mass storage devices
- USB storage port – for connecting any USB 2.0 / 1.1 mass storage device with full READ/WRITE and security functions
- USB printer port -
- for additional USB storage device with READ only function and sharable by all users with no authentication (see detail of limitation on attaching storage device to USB printer port)
- or for connecting any USB printer to the network
- Support 10/100/1000 Mbps network
- Maximum data transfer over Gigabit LAN – up to 18 MB/sec READ and 12 MB/sec WRITE
- USB port can be used to power most 2.5″ USB hard drives or any low powered USB storage device.
- Simple to install
- Small and light weight. Size of a cigarette pack. Weight less than 3 oz. Can be installed practically anywhere
- Can be set as DHCP server
- Support PPPoE connection
- support Dynamic DNS
- Compatible with all Windows OS, Mac OS X, Linux 2.6.x and above