Zoom launches the new H2n Handy Recorder, which is the only portable voice recorder with five mic capsules onboard. With five mics, the H2N offers four unique recording modes: Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel surround sound. It is the first handheld recorder to feature Mid-Side stereo recording, a technique used for many years in film and broadcast, where ambiance and surrounding noise are crucial. Mid-Side recording combines a uni-directional Mid mic that captures sound directly in front of you and a bi-directional Side mic that captures sound from your left and right.
The Zoom H2n can create 360-degree surround sound recordings using its Mid-side and X/Y mics together. It features a 1.8-inch 128×64 backlit LCD display for easy navigation of function and monitoring, a Mic Gain wheel, built-in reference speaker, 1/8-inch stereo output, Line-in jack and USB connector. The recorder uses SD/SDHC cards for storage and supports up to 32GB SDHC that is enough for over 50 hours of recording using the 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV format or 555 hours of stereo MP3 recording.
Zoom H2n offers over 20 hours of continuous operation on just two standard AA alkaline batteries. It is priced at $199.
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes
- Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Newly designed user interface
- Additional functions include Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner,
- Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode,
- Marker and Surround Mixer
- Data recovery function protects against unexpected recording errors
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries
- Operates on battery, AC or USB bus power
- 1.8-inch backlit LCD display with 128 x 64 resolution
- Analog-type Mic Gain wheel
- Built-in reference speaker
- High-speed USB 2.0 card reader function
- 1/8-inch Mic/Line Input and Phones/Line Output stereo phone jacks
- Accommodates up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
- Includes Steinberg WaveLab LE 7 editing software, 2GB SD memory card and two AA batteries
- Optional accessory package (APH-2n) includes remote control with extension cable, windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, padded-shell case and a mic clip adapter