Epiphany Acoustics introduces a new headphone amplifier, the high-power EHP-1 “perfect for driving the latest range of orthodynamic headphones, as well as mid to high end conventional dynamic headphones”. The Class A, dual-mono headphone amp is equipped with highly optimised National Semiconductor op amps, a high power MOSFET output stage and a linear regulated low noise, high voltage power supply; delivering up to 3W into 32Ohms and up to 2W into 50Ohms.
The EHP-1 has ultra low total harmonic distortion and noise. It has one line out for signal pass through capability, a variable output for the device to act as a high quality pre-amplifier, and a stereo RCA input. The amplifier can be used in both 230V and 120V regions by a switch on the rear of the unit.
The Epiphany Acoustics EHP-1 is priced at GBP180.
Premium components used in the EHP-1.
- High performance, specially optimised single channel operational amplifiers in the premium ‘metal can’ packages, which off superior audio performance
- 0.1% tolerance Vishay resistors with extremely good thermal stability specifications in critical positions in the amplifier section
- Precision 1% tolerance Xicon metal film resistors with excellent thermal stability used through out the amplifier and power supply sections
- 8000μF of filter capacitance using ultra low ESR capacitors to improve ripple rejection and offer superior power supply performance
- High quality polyester capacitors used widely, with a number of polypropyplene capacitors used in critical places
- Alps RK27 (“Blue Velvet”) volume potentiometer
- A large, high power toroidal transformer for minimum transformer hum and noise and maximum efficiency
- All components are RoHS compliant and lead free to minimise environmental damage