SolarFocus is introducing at the CES 2012 the SolarKindle, the world’s first solar-powered Kindle cover. The solar gadget has a unique eco-friendly design with a flexible, lightweight high performance solar panel built right into the cover. Its dual-charging reserve battery can be charged via not only via solar panel but also USB, and allows up to three-months of unplugged Kindle use under normal sunlight environment. According to the company, one hour under direct sunlight can provide up to 3 days reading time.
The SolarKindle is not just a cover. It comes with built-in LED reading lamp for you to read comfortably even in low-light environment. The SolarFocus SolarKindle Lighted cover will be released on 15 January for $79.99.
- Solar powered e-reader cover with flexible, lightweight solar panel built into the cover
- Dual-charging (USB/solar) reserve battery greatly extends reading time
- 3-month guarantee for unplugged Kindle use under normal sunlight environment
- LED reading lamp turns on with one touch release
- Integrated reserve battery runs the LED lamp for up to 50 hours continuously without using the Kindle’s main battery
- Integrated reserve battery can also transfer energy to the Kindle’s main battery to extend reading time
- Integrated solar panel collects and converts solar energy “on the go” — one hour under direct sunlight can provide up to 3 days reading time
- Premium leather cover